December 19, 2007

LIMERICK TUESDAY X - The Results

Well done everybody. The Top Ten will be posted next Tuesday - my little Christmas present to you all. You can still vote for the best -- or your own -- limericks here.

And for this week's winners...

Two limericks both dedicated to the Dudley Moore/Bo Derek Film "Ten"

The Medievalist...

There once was a ten named Bo Derek,
whose looks were quite esoteric,
She hooked up with a Moore,
Which was really a bore,
But the Bolero was almost Homeric.



Well done Medievalist... your prize.

And secondly...
Brian Bateman ...
I cannot recall being ten;
My memory’s faded since then.
Recollection is muddly
On Pearl Jam and Dudley,
But I remember Bo’s shiny, wet skin!


And for Brian... this GEM of a prize.

We won't have a contest next week, just a posting of the top ten limericks.

2 comments:

The Medievalist said...

Alright! Now where am I going to hang that prize? Thanks for sponsoring our contest. It's a lot of fun.

DAN BUCK said...

No problem. It's fun for me too, as if you couldn't tell.

And by the way, you don't hang that prize. You play it. It's a sub-par 80's jazz album.