We had over 89 unique visits yesterday, 17 limericks, and over 220 page views. I'm not making any money on this, I just feel more important with more people looking at me. Thanks for feeding my narcissism everybody. It's the gift that keeps on taking.
ANYWAY... Limericks this week that ranged from brilliant to moving to "we -should-talk-I've-been-worrying-about-you". Two winners, whose entries could not be more diverse. Some honorable mentions as well.
And finally, there's little I value more than absurd knowledge of obscure pop culture. Not only did Jared identify Topic #4's This guy... as a malnourished homage to the classic Nintendo game Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, but he even knew enough about the game to create a kick-ass limerick and another net savvy link to a truly disturbing YouTube video.
All-in-all a trilogy that makes Tolkien look like Ted Dekker. Well done Jared, here is your prize.
I love when a newcomer to our contest just hits it out of the park. Jim, here's your prize... sorry to make light of your sort of serious limerick, but well... it's all I know. :)
- DadaDrummer - An admirable reflection on theology in two stanzas. Well-crafted.
- Jake - Hackneyed is a great limerick word.
- Prof. Osler - I never knew the term Heat Miser. You even teach when you limerick! Well done.
- Medievalist - Your best limerick, I'd say. Charlie Brown's little tree is such a sad and beautiful image with which we all identify.
- Brad and St. Antic - Both first-timers who made respectable efforts. Brad, your second limerick, a meta-limerick really, included the kind of flattery that will get you everything!
- Brian - Had it not been for Jared's impressive showing, this one coulda been a contendah.
- Shane - A nice recovery from last week's debacle. :) Now where are those Christmas lights?