March 20, 2007

Extras; The HBO Series


I’m a huge fan of Ricky Gervais (the creator, writer and director of The Office – and star of the UK version). So, it’s no surprise that I’m loving catching up on his new HBO series Extras.

It’s a simple premise: a man quits his job to make it in the British film industry by working as an extra on as many films as possible. He lounges around the set trying to shmooze with the celebrities in order to convince them to finagle him a line of dialogue.

I’ve seen the first three episodes so far and I’m almost as hooked as I was on The Office when I first started watching.

It’s not for the kiddies, but it makes me laugh and wish I was British.

1 comment:

Edison in a moth-eaten ghillie suit said...

I recently saw "Extras" and it is pretty good. The deleted scenes on the DVD are really worth your time. They are hilarious (as I recall).