June 09, 2008

Tape - rehearsals

Well the rehearsal process is in full swing. The actors are 90% off book. They are making many magic moments and I'm waking up at 3:30 AM each morning making mental lists of things I need to do.

Recent victories:

1. Recoded a radio interview at Clear Channel that will air at ungodly hours for the next three Sundays.
2. Scored HUGE at the Residence Inn (Marriot) with bed spreads, curtains, a coffee maker, and a host of other hotel stuff that they let us borrow for free in exchange for some advertising space in our program.
3. Used the formidable building skills of my cast to build two bed frames that will save me from buying them, and from buying box springs as well.
4. Wrote a press release that will go to the Waco-Trib for further coverage.

All in all a good couple days. Tomorrow I hope to buys some odds and ends and then find a full size mattress, a credenza, a couple tables, a vanity and a hanging lamp that will work for the room. I also plan to by 600 sq ft of carpet.

I'm busy doing what I love. It's not a bad place to be.

No comments: