- All My Sons - Arthur Miller. I knew this play really well coming in, now I know it really, really ridiculously well. A third year grad will be putting it on the mainstage as his thesis production in a few months. He just posted the cast list.
- Clean House - Sarah Ruhl. A really cool, very new play. Combines a lot of my favorite things with very progressive staging concepts. Fun to read, probably a blast to watch.
- Jesus Hopped the 'A' Train -Stephn Adly Guirgis - WAY cool play. Powerful, challenging, and ultimately about things that are vitally important to people of faith. Lots of profanity, but for those who can handle that, a must see/read.
- Spinning into Butter - Rebecca Gilman Another play that will be produced here. In fact, it opens on Sept. 18. I like this script a lot and think it intelligently addresses racism and the shame everyone deals with in regards to it. Well-written, funny at moments and pointed. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
- Teeth - Tina Howe - A short play that is my first directing experience at Baylor. It's a fun little piece that has more to it than you initially think. It goes up in front of the department at a workshop on Sept 14th.
- The House of Bernarda Alba - Lorca - A striking story about the repression of five daughters under a harsh matriarch. A tragedy, powerful and important. I'll need to read more Lorca.
- Three Sisters - Anton Chekov
- The Sea Gull - Anton Chekov
- The Cherry Orchard - Anton Chekov
- Oedipus Rex - Sophocles.
- Death of Salesman - Arthur Miller
The writings of
And lots of stuff about